Thursday, April 23, 2009

8 - Space Marines - Ultramarine


I've broken my cherry! It seems like everyone who becomes involved in miniature figure painting eventually winds up painting a Warhammer 40k Ultramarine. This miniature was from the Assault on Black Reach starter box set so was very limited in terms of conversion possibilities. I'm actually semi-happy with his paint job. The lines are clean, the wash shading was good, and the details are starkly visible and not muddied. Now, even though I am fairly satisfied with the shading, it did end up splotching the blue paint. If I were being generous, I'd say it gives the marine a worn, battle-damaged look, but, honestly, it just kind of makes him look messy. I'm nervous about giving him another coat of paint, however. Even though I use very thinned paint, too much thinned paint still runs the risk of turning the smooth surface rough and wrinkled.

Click here for more pics.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin