Saturday, August 29, 2009

59 - TOEMP Challenge #3 WIP


So, the third challenge in A Tale of Even More Painters is to either paint up a Special Character (plus retinue, if applicable) while writing up a data sheet for him/ her, or alternatively, to paint up a Fast Attack/ Special Unit with extra points being awarded for creative basing.

I decided to go with an Imperial Guard Cadian Armored Sentinel. I could've chosen to paint up a Space Marine Captain with Command Squad, but at this point, I'm so sick of basecoating red that I thought, for sanity's sake, it was best to move on to another color scheme for the time being. The Sentinel is going to be exciting to do for a couple of reasons:

1) It's the first vehicle I'll ever be assembling and painting.

2) I love decorative bases, so this challenge is right up my alley.

3) It's been almost 2 months since I've added anything to my Imperial Guard army.

I've included some work in progress pics of what I have in mind for the Sentinel. Basically, it's a mini-diorama depicting the Sentinel about to crash through the front lines of a Chaos Space Marine defensive position. At the moment, only the Sentinel has been glued to the base. I'll be painting it up first before I add the fence and the Khorne Bezerker. The fence comes from a Chaos Rhino, I believe. I think it's part of the Rhino's dozer blade. I'll very likely also be adding rocks and rubble and shrubbery and such stuff as finishing touches.

I honestly can't wait to start painting this sucker up. Hopefully, under the deadline (Sept. 6th) as well.

6 comments:

Shrink to Fit said...

Oh yeah! This one's gonna be special! Can't wait to see it progress.

harreh said...

Nice! I really dig the base, just like shrink to fit, can't wait to see what comes next with it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shrink! It is going to be a verrrry special model! I really like the pose and can see this turning out to be a fantastic model

Mordian7th said...

That's looking great! I always enjoy doing little vignettes on the 60mm bases, and I really like where you're going with this one - can't wait to see more!

Paul Wu said...

@ All:

Thanks for the great encouragement, everyone!

I'm currently still working on the Sentinel. Even though it's of the armored variety, I've decided to paint the interior and the pilot. Once that's done, though, I think I'll be able to finish the Sentinel shortly after. With 6 days left to go on the deadline, I'm feeling pretty confident!

Hopefully, I'll have pics of the Sentinel in a day or so.

Grégory Privat said...

I would remove the fence : that s just too much. Or maybe if you put it "flat" on the ground. Also, you could cut/torn the "fingers" of the sentinel foot.

Beside this : cool )

Blog Widget by LinkWithin